Saturday, September 28, 2013

A visit to Crab N' Crew Restobar.

My daughter's teacher in her Cooking class is one of the Chefs of Crab n' Crew Restobar in Visayas Ave. Quezon City. I cannot reject her plea as she bombard me with her request to try and visit it. 


So, one late rainy afternoon we dropped in on the site. It was a small place with unpainted walls but with picture frames of different people including the cooking teacher/chef, who happens to be a look-a-like of her Tito Glen, my husband's brother.


It was homey, casual and comfortable, except for its heavy metal chairs. Neat and tidy too! Unpainted walls usually disturb my daughter but theirs had some wood that made it look like a peaceful cabin near the beach. It emphasized their theme about crabs.


We were given a free appetizer - roasted corn, as we waited for the food to be served. A very unusual and unique gestures of the management.


For our order, my husband and I had Tinapasta and my daughter had her Fish Fillet with Pesto Sauce and Garlic Rice. The former was oil based pasta with Tinapa as one of the main ingredients of the sauce. The taste was good and the noodles were al dente. I tasted the latter, tried a spoonful of the fish fillet and it was delicious. It had soft and fine textures and I could tell that it was fresh. 


We also had a different kind of Leche Flan for dessert, with  sweet whipped cream and cherry on top. The taste was rich, creamy and the texture was smooth and fine. The custard, whipped cream and the cherry complimented each other. My daughter said that "The whipped cream tasted like ice cream!" She also stated that it was her favorite part of the dessert. "Its taste isn't as pale as its surface. It tasted as pink as the cherry!"

It was a charming visit to the restobar and I thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment